Sacramento @ Detroit
Current Records: Sacramento 12-20; Detroit 9-23
What to Know
This Friday, the Sacramento Kings are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 120.5 points per contest. They might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against the Detroit Pistons at 8 p.m. ET Feb. 26 at Little Caesars Arena. Sacramento earned a 106-100 in their most recent matchup in March of last year.
The Kings received a tough blow on Thursday as they fell 140-121 to the New York Knicks. Despite the loss, Sacramento had strong showings from point guard De’Aaron Fox, who posted a double-double on 29 points and 11 dimes, and small forward Harrison Barnes, who had 22 points and five assists along with seven boards.
Meanwhile, Detroit came up short against the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday, falling 128-118. Center Mason Plumlee put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 21 points and seven assists in addition to nine rebounds and four blocks.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Sacramento is expected to win a tight contest on Friday. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past nine games, so buyers beware.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a defeat, both will be hungry for the victory. We’ll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Little Caesars Arena — Detroit, Michigan
- TV: Fox Sports – Detroit
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Kings are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Sacramento have won six out of their last ten games against Detroit.
- Mar 01, 2020 – Sacramento 106 vs. Detroit 100
- Jan 22, 2020 – Detroit 127 vs. Sacramento 106
- Jan 19, 2019 – Sacramento 103 vs. Detroit 101
- Jan 10, 2019 – Sacramento 112 vs. Detroit 102
- Mar 19, 2018 – Detroit 106 vs. Sacramento 90
- Nov 04, 2017 – Detroit 108 vs. Sacramento 99
- Jan 23, 2017 – Sacramento 109 vs. Detroit 104
- Jan 10, 2017 – Sacramento 100 vs. Detroit 94
- Mar 18, 2016 – Detroit 115 vs. Sacramento 108
- Nov 11, 2015 – Sacramento 101 vs. Detroit 92
Injury Report for Detroit
- Blake Griffin: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Delon Wright: Out (Groin)
- Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
- Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Hassan Whiteside: Out (Covid-19)
- Jabari Parker: Out (Covid-19)
- Tyrese Haliburton: Out (Calf)
- Chimezie Metu: Out (Wrist)